About the Sioux City Railroad Museum
The Sioux City Railroad Museum is owned and operated by the Siouxland Historical Railroad Association (SHRA).
SHRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Sioux City, Iowa.
Since its inception in 1984, SHRA’s mission has been to “provide educational experiences that foster an understanding of railroad history, industrial science and steam technology related to the development of the Upper Midwest and Northern Plains regions of North America.”
For over 30 years, SHRA’s foundation has been built upon the hard work and dedication of its’ volunteers. In the last 10 years alone, volunteers have logged over 160,000 hours of their time to help drive and support the organization.
SHRA has since established The Railroad Museum in Sioux City to be the organization’s main focus while carrying out its mission.
Local Places to See
- Loess Hills Scenic Byway
- Trinity Heights
- Stone State Park
- Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center
- Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center
- Sioux City Public Museum
- Sgt Charles Floyd Monument
- Sioux City Tourism
- Mid America Air Museum
- Western Iowa Tourism Region
Other Railroad Links
- Great Northern Railway Page
- Great Northern Historical Society
- Milwaukee Road Historical Association
- Illinois Central Historical Society
- Chicago & Northwestern Historical Society
- Union Pacific Railroad History and Photos
- Great Northern Empire