Once again Sioux Cities fastest growing family Halloween event is almost upon us. Our annual
Halloween at the Roundhouse event will be held the last two Saturdays of October this year, the 24th and the 31st. The hours of the event are 10 AM to 4 PM each day. Last year a record breaking 12,000+ people came out for the two day event and everyone left happy. This is the perfect way to spend some good old fashioned quality fun time with the family. Admission into this event is the same as it has always been, a free will donation. We want everybody in Siouxland to come out and just plain have fun.
We do have a number of buildings currently undergoing restoration so some areas of the 30 acre museum complex will be off limits, but there will still be plenty to see and do. For those of you that have never been to our event here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect.
– Oct 24th – Special Unveiling- restoration project completion
– Families can come dressed-up for Halloween
– Trick or Treating
– Bounce Houses
– Ghost Stories
– Hay Rack Rides
– Children’s Crafts
– Children’s Games
– Scavenger Hunt
– Haunted Railroad Diner Car
– Meet Hobo’s, Witches, and Ghosts
– See Millie, the Railroad Museums very own 1943 diesel locomotive and visit with her special guests from the Island of Sodor, Sir Topham Hatt and Mr. Conductor.
– See the 75′ x 16′ Nebraska Central HO scale operating model railroad and others
– Climb into the cab and ring the bell on Sioux Cities very own Great Northern Steam Locomotive #1355, Old Ironhorse, that was built in 1909.
– See the actual buildings that were built in 1917 that our grandparents and great-grandparents worked in while working on steam locomotives and fixing rail cars.
Other things to do during the event that have a fee attached:
– Apple Slingshots – prizes are gift cards to local businesses
– Railroad Motor Car rides – $1 each
– Railroad Museum Volunteer Bake Sale – 100% of the sales are returned directly to museum restoration projects.
– Food Vendors
– Petting Zoo – on Oct 31st – only
– Railroad Museum Gift Shop
Save the date(s) and plan on having a lot of fun with the family and your friends. We can’t wait to see you!